Plano Senior High School PTSA joined Membership Toolkit in the summer of 2012. Prior to using our web based service their PTA used another online software company along with the traditional practice of pen & paper.
Their PTA Board had three goals:
- Improve Communications
- Increase Membership
- Increase Fundraising
They launched a new website with the goal of improving communications for their parents. In their first year with Membership Toolkit, they received the Gold Award for PTA Websites from the Texas PTA.
In 2012-2013 their membership increased 52% over the previous year!
In July 2013 the Texas PTA designated Plano Senior PTSA as a Texas Star PTA.
For the first time, they had 100% participation from staff earning them the Golden Apple Membership Award from the Texas PTA.
- Donations increased by 18%
- Spirit wear sales increased by 330%
- Membership increased by 52%
Fundraising Increase from previous year:
How They Accomplished Their Goals
- They had a communications plan and successfully launched their new website and online registration one month before school began.
- Spirit wear sales kicked off before school began. With the excitement of the new school year, parents and students looked forward to the opportunity of purchasing the new designs available.
- In high school, fewer parents are "in the building". Families appreciated the convenience of having all of their paperwork available online.
- Membership Toolkit's easy-to-use format made it easy for families to complete their registration and saved the PTA board members lots of volunteer time they could spend on more important stuff.